- Star Party: Every Wednesday 8-10pm, Physics Building (PHYS). Come view the night sky through the Dept. Physics and Astronomy's Observatory!
- Fabulous Friday: Every Friday 3-5pm, Union- A. Ray Olpin (UNION) rm. 409. End your school week with the LGBT Center's Fabulous Fridays. Come eat free food, play board games, meet new people, and celebrate another week past.
- Free Week at the Student Life Center: August 21st-August 27th. Try out any group fitness class that you are interested in during the Student Life Center Free Week!
Out-of–State Student Reception: Tuesday, August 22nd 4-6pm, UNION- East Ballroom. Meet first year students that have relocated from other states and make connections!
Student Job and Volunteer Fair: Wednesday, August 23rd 10am-2pm, Union- A. Ray Olpin (UNION). Meet with local organizations for great volunteer opportunities in the Salt Lake area.
CrimsonNights: Friday, August 25th 9pm-2am, UNION.
Grab your sports apparel, Utah gear, and your game face to join us for a sports-themed Crimson Nights to kick off the year!
Don't miss the first Crimson Nights of the year: Crimson Blitz! Featuring DJ Pulse Regime!
Includes: Giant Inflatable Obstacle Course, Speed Pitch, Mocktail Bar, Giant Water Pong, Water Slip and Slide, Free Food, Free Giveaways, and much more!
No cost with uCard | $5 admission with other college ID, college IDs only. Crimson Nights is an alcohol and substance-free event.*There are lots of other events happening on campus, check out the New to the U mobile app for more! https://guidebook.com/app/NewToTheU/guide/rybdqnq2nzkdugc/
Arts, Culture and Concerts
- Natural History Museum:Vikings- Beyond the Legend (till January 1st)
- UMFA Reopening Party: Saturday, August 26th 10am-12am, Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA) http://umfa.utah.edu/reopening.
The last weekend of August is the first weekend of the new UMFA. The University’s fine arts museum, closed since mid-January 2016 for building upgrades, reopens the weekend of August 26–27, with a FREE two-day party featuring new exhibitions, tours, art making, films, yoga, a dance party powered by ArtsPass, and more. See full schedule of events on website.
- Campus Farmers Market: The market takes place west of the Union building on Thursdays from 10am-2pm the first seven weeks of school. The market celebrates its 10th season in 2017! The market takes place from August 24-October 5, 2017.
- All concert and athletic tickets can be found at https://www.vividseats.com/
Salt Lake Farmers Market and Art and Craft Market: Every Saturday from 8:00am-2:00pm at Pioneer Park until October. https://www.slcfarmersmarket.org/
Salt Lake City Greek Festival: From September 8th to the 10th at Holy Trinity Cathedral Greek Orthodox Church, 279 300 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101. Find out more details at the website below. http://www.saltlakegreekfestival.com/
Oktoberfest at Snowbird: Every Saturday- Sunday from August 12th-October 15th, 12:00pm- 6:30pm at the Snowbird ski resort. You can find more details at the website below. http://www.snowbird.com/events/
- September 4th: Labor Day
- October 8th - 15th: Fall Break (Vacation!)
- November 23rd-26th: Thanksgiving Vacation
- December 16th - January 7th: Winter Vacation
Football season is almost here! The first game is August 31st at 5:30pm against North Dakota. Reserve tickets HERE.
Woman’s Volleyball and Soccer are starting as well, check out their webpage HERE
Find the full athletic calendarHERE.
Check out Outdoor Adventures at the Student Life Center! http://campusrec.utah.edu/programs/outdoor-adventures/tripsandadventures/
- Breakfast- Hub and Spoke diner (address- 1291 1100 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105)
Salt Lake City, UT 84111)
- Brunch- Finn’s Café (address- 1624 1100 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84105)
- Lunch- Joesph Van Alstyne made a video which shows two fantastic restaurants you should all try! Taco Taco and Chedda Bugger. He shows you the food and why you should eat at both of these places! Click here to find out why these places are so great!
- Dinner- Café Trio (address- 680 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102)