Utah Abroad is a virtual community for past, present, and future Learning Abroad students who want to share their international experiences with the world.
Learning Abroad invites U to become a Utah Abroad Blogger by creating your own blog on Tumblr. It can be as simple as posting a photo or sharing your packing list, and it only takes a few minutes to set up.
Once you join, you can build valuable contacts to showcase your writing, photography, or blogging skills to develop your professional and academic portfolio... and it's fun!
Follow just three easy steps to get started!
STEP 1: CREATE YOUR BLOG ON TUMBLR
STEP 3: START BLOGGING
Even if you already have a tumblr account, you will need to follow these steps to create a separate blog on tumblr which will be used for Utah Abroad. Feel free to copy and paste any posts you have from current blogs that are about your international experiences.
Create a blog using the Utah Abroad Blogger Guidelines:
- Visit tumblr.com/
- Students must create a NEW account
- Enter an email, password, and username, then click Sign up.
- Follow the prompts to create your blog-- make sure to keep the Optica theme.
- Provide the Tumblr URL in your scholarship application
- Send the public link--make sure you are not logged in as the owner
- Make sure content is appropriate
- Inappropriate content will result in disqualification of your blog
- Use proper citation and provide photo and content credit
- Remember to spell check!
- You will be prompted to follow at least three blogs on tumblr. We would recommend that one of them be Utah Abroad!
Now that you've set up your blog, click here to
Once your blog is registered, we will be able to share your stories on the main UTAH ABROAD page.
Please note: after submitting the registration form, you are not allowed to change your Tumblr blog URL without prior permission from our team.
It's time to start sharing your story. Log in to Tumblr and get started now! Using Tumblr is easy. Simply click on the kind of post you want to create.
Here are some suggestions on where to get started:
- Preparing to leave: packing, researching your destination, etc.
- Culture shock: tell us about what it is like to navigate another culture. What are the challenges and rewards?
- Public transportation: Show us what your daily commute is like with pictures and videos. Have you had any interesting public transportation encounters. Share advice, stories, or challenges.
- Classroom setting: What is your campus like? Show us what and how you are learning.
- Weekend excursion/activity: What are you doing? Where are you exploring? What are the near-by monuments and attractions?
- What to see: Show us things that we absolutely should see if we visit your program's location.
Remember: we aren't interested in word counts and often a great picture is worth a thousand words!