Social Media Influencer Program
Learning Abroad has been shown to benefit college students from many different backgrounds.1 This program is an opportunity for you to be a leading example in your community, to show your friends, peers and colleagues the benefits of learning abroad, and to add valuable job skills and experience to your resume!
Don’t see yourself in our current influencers? Apply now! Every identity, every major, and every story is welcome!
Summer Term Deadline: April 1st
- Influencers will be accepted on a rolling basis. Apply early to increase your chances of getting accepted!
What is it? Post to @utahabroad - the Learning Abroad official Instagram account story, encourage your friends to learn abroad, enhance your resume, and earn free swag! NOTE: This is not a scholarship
What's in it for me?
- Be an example for your friends, peers and colleagues - Show that anyone can benefit from what Learning Abroad has to add to your education at the U.
- Learn how to better curate social media accounts and add official social media experience to your résumé
- Get FREE swag and show off your school spirit!
- University of Utah Pennant: Learning Abroad Social Media Influencers will receive an official University of Utah pennant flag so that they can rep the U abroad.
- University of Utah Sweatshirt: the Influencer who posts the story with the most views over the summer will receive an University of Utah sweatshirt.
- You are unique and we want to hear your story! -- Share your learning abroad experience with the campus community!
- Raise awareness of Learning Abroad opportunities available to ALL students at the University of Utah
- Show University of Utah students how learning abroad can advance their personal, academic, and professional goals
- Have fun!
- Show off your social media skills by posting fun and relevant content about your Learning Abroad experience
- Sign up for a minimum of 1 Instagram story takeover
- Abide by university policy - all posts must be free of alcohol, cigarettes, or any inappropriate material
- Note: Any content shared with Learning Abroad on social media (even via "@" or "#" mentions on your own page) could be published and displayed by the Learning Abroad office
- Check out our Instagram Story Highlights to see what other students have done!